Little tidbits about our family: Matt, Alicia, Lyla, Hayden and Ella







Tuesday, May 12, 2009

First Mother's Day


I had a wonderful first Mother's Day! We were in IL visiting friends and family since my brother and Megan were in town. On Sunday, I received the best present of all. My mom was holding Lyla and I disappeared for a while. When I came back, I said hi to Lyla and she looked at me and gave me the biggest, toothless smile I have ever seen! It was so touching that she gave me the best present of all for Mother's Day!

Above is a picture of Lyla making her funny faces at dad! I get a smile and dad gets a funny stare.


Lyla got to meet her godparents Brett and Megan for the first time this weekend. They will be seeing her more through web cam since they live out in Colorado so these times together are priceless.

Lyla got to meet her boyfriend Clay for the first time as well! This is my friend's Holly and Brian's son that is almost 1 year old. Holly and I have wanted to be sisters for a long time so now we have chance to be family! No big rush!

Grandma Knox and Grandma Rex meeting Lyla for the first time!

Rex family: my godmother and Aunt Barb, cousin Kerby, Aunt Phyllis and my mom all with Lyla

Lyla has still been doing great! Last night was the first time she slept through the night! I didn't want to get her off schedule since we were away from home this weekend with a house full of people so I didn't start until last night. I didn't set my alarm to wake her for her middle of the night feeding and she didn't wake me up until 5:30 a.m. this morning. I was quite pleased since she is just 7 weeks old today! We will see how she does tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Oh those sweet baby smiles! Aren't they the best? So glad you got such a nice Mother's Day gift from your little angel!

    ReplyDelete