I forgot to include in the last blog about Lyla's 18 month appointment. She is measuring at 32 inches tall (50%) and 22 lb 1 oz big (20%). The doctor thought she would be a tall and lean little girl.
Some tidbits about Lyla:
- She now has 10 teeth but we are figuring more are coming. She has been a little cranky lately and has been biting on various objects lately. I can say "teething now" but we probably won't see a tooth pop through for another month!
- Words she has been saying for a little while are "thank you" (only on her own terms), "uh oh" (if she drops something), "ow" (if she hurt herself), "mine" (oh does she love that word), "mil" for milk, "no no" along with pointing when Ella or someone is doing something they shouldn't, and she has been saying the other kids names at daycare as well.
- She loves to scribble and color! We really haven't been giving her crayons to play with since everything still goes in her mouth but I broke in and picked some up with coloring books. We will see if the whole house gets a makeover!
- Knows more of her body parts like fingers and toes. We are working on arms and legs right now.
- Still very shy to strangers and will just stare at you if you are taking to her. Every once in a while she will go up to a stranger and try to be their friend!
- She typically is a good little eater. She still loves her peas for veggies and peaches, pears, apples and applesauce for fruit. She also has been eating better at dinner which is nice I don't have to keep feeding her peanut butter and jelly!
- She is transitioning to one nap at daycare but still naps twice a day over the weekend. She has only been napping around 1 hour/day for our sitter and is typically cranky when I pick her up which shows she is a tired little girl. Hopefully she will get out of this stage soon and either take a longer nap or continue to nap twice like she is doing for Matt and I.
I think that is about it! Have a great Sunday.