Saturday, July 30, 2011
Thursday, July 28, 2011
With Matt going back to work this week, my parents came to help keep Lyla occupied so I could relax and take care of Hayden. Of course they had to do a few chores around the house. I wonder why they want to keep visiting if they just work the whole time. I guess those grand babies are something else!
Daddy's little peanut
Hayden's First Bath
I couldn't resist and included Lyla's first bath pictures below. Lyla cried the whole time! Hayden is already taking after her sister with her funny faces in the towel picture! Do you see a similarity?
Lyla's First Bath:
Lyla has been doing great so far with the new sister around. She posed for pictures and I told her to show how you love your sister and she gave her a big hug!
Have a great rest of your week!
- On Friday July 15th, I started getting contractions that afternoon after my doctor stripped my membranes and told me I was 2 cm dilated. The contractions would go on for 1-1 1/2 hours but then stop
- On Saturday July 16th morning, I ended up cleaning the whole house while Matt and Lyla cut the grass...I thought the more I could do, the faster Hayden would be here
- Around 11:30 a.m., I started to get more contractions and they were around 6-8 minutes apart
- Around 3:30 p.m., my contractions were getting more painful and started to be only 3 minutes apart so we decided to call the hospital and they told us to come in right away
- Peggy came over to watch Lyla and we ended up getting to the hospital around 4:30 p.m.
- They checked me and I was 4 cm dilated and were getting things ready for me to have an epidural in 20-30 minutes
- Matt and I walked the hallway and my contractions were getting pretty bad by then...off to the delivery room we went
- Right when the anesthesiologist arrived to give me the epidural, my water broke and Hayden wanted to come ASAP
- My doctor wasn't even there yet and they told me to hold off pushing...not an easy task when your contractions are making you push
- The nurse was getting ready to deliver right before my doctor walked in
- I delivered Hayden Jean at 5:58 p.m. with no drugs and I was my doctor's fastest delivery! I'm so glad it was a quick delivery!
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Hayden also turned 1 week old today. 1 week has already flown by fast and we are so blessed to have her apart of our family.
Showing off my pretty blue eyes
Friday, July 22, 2011
Enjoy the pictures. There will be more updates to come.
Friday, July 15, 2011
I realized I haven't given many updates on Lyla lately so here you go:
- She is definitely in the "why" phase right now. Everything you do is "why" and if I ask her why, she just says "cuz"!
- Copies what you say in a question voice
- Says her baby sister's name is going to be Kristi. She just loves her Auntie Kristi.
- Got her big girl bed the beginning of June and has slept in it well from the beginning. At first she would call us when she woke up from her nap or bedtime but now she crawls out and comes to wake up mom and dad in the morning! She actually doesn't wake us up the morning, she pushes us out of bed b/c it's time for cartoons!
- I pulled out her Elmo potty the beginning of June to see if she would be interested in potty training. We are not pushing it since the baby is coming and I figured she would back track anyways. She goes off and on when she wants but nothing consistent.
- At 27 months she got her 18th tooth (2nd molar on the bottom L)
- She gets really crabby when she doesn't get her way
- Lastly, she is getting excited about her baby sister coming. She talks at daycare all the time saying "baby sister is coming soon." I hope she will love her as much as she talks about her when she arrives
Pictures of Lyla on the 4th:All ready for the 4th of July parade
Hanging out with Ella
At the parade with Grandma and Grandpa Brown
We will keep you posted!
Monday, July 4, 2011
My doctor decided to scare me a couple weeks ago and say I was going to have a 4th of July baby (probably b/c she was on call). I ended up working a lot of hours last week at night to try and get everything situated at work before I headed out. My doctors appointment on Friday showed that I was measuring 39 weeks (which I'm 38 now) but no signs of the baby coming really soon. It was probably a good thing my doctor scared me so I can be more at ease until I do actually leave. Let's just hope this baby is not late. I turn 30 1 week after my due date (July 15th) and I want to have this baby before I'm 30! The pregnancy continues to go well, just continued swelling in my feet and ankles but nothing too major. My blood pressure was high for a couple weeks but went back down this week which is great.
More belly pictures (Thanks Jody for letting me borrow your dress):
Lyla and I went to Aunt Nikki's bridal shower a couple weekends ago. Uncle Mike and Aunt Nikki are getting married August 20th and Lyla is going to be a flower girl for their wedding. We will be bringing a full load to the wedding with Baby Girl Brown and my mom coming to help.
I haven't gotten a shot of Lyla and Ella together for a while and was able to snap one yesterday. I'm so glad Ella lets Lyla crawl all over her, even if she doesn't necessarily like it. She will just have to wait until the baby comes and more kids crawling on her!
I love Cheetos! Nice orange face and teeth.
We are heading to a parade this afternoon with Grandma and Grandpa Brown and Lyla has a cute little 4th of July outfit to wear as well. I will have to update pictures afterwards. Have a great rest of your long weekend!