Little tidbits about our family: Matt, Alicia, Lyla, Hayden and Ella







Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July and Baby Updates

Happy 4th of July to everyone! I can't believe I'm even writing that right now. This half of the year has certainly flown by along with getting everything prepared for the baby to come. I think everything is pretty much ready and I plan on getting my hospital bag packed today so I'm really ready. Matt has been great and has been helping me get some things done around the house. As most of you know me, I like to have things done way in advance, even if it really doesn't need to get done, but it makes me feel better and Matt knows that (or at least if he wants a happy pregnant wife)! My parents were even out last weekend helping with weeding, mulching and cutting the grass. I don't know what we would do without this help!

My doctor decided to scare me a couple weeks ago and say I was going to have a 4th of July baby (probably b/c she was on call). I ended up working a lot of hours last week at night to try and get everything situated at work before I headed out. My doctors appointment on Friday showed that I was measuring 39 weeks (which I'm 38 now) but no signs of the baby coming really soon. It was probably a good thing my doctor scared me so I can be more at ease until I do actually leave. Let's just hope this baby is not late. I turn 30 1 week after my due date (July 15th) and I want to have this baby before I'm 30! The pregnancy continues to go well, just continued swelling in my feet and ankles but nothing too major. My blood pressure was high for a couple weeks but went back down this week which is great.

More belly pictures (Thanks Jody for letting me borrow your dress):

Lyla and I went to Aunt Nikki's bridal shower a couple weekends ago. Uncle Mike and Aunt Nikki are getting married August 20th and Lyla is going to be a flower girl for their wedding. We will be bringing a full load to the wedding with Baby Girl Brown and my mom coming to help.



I haven't gotten a shot of Lyla and Ella together for a while and was able to snap one yesterday. I'm so glad Ella lets Lyla crawl all over her, even if she doesn't necessarily like it. She will just have to wait until the baby comes and more kids crawling on her!


I love Cheetos! Nice orange face and teeth.




We are heading to a parade this afternoon with Grandma and Grandpa Brown and Lyla has a cute little 4th of July outfit to wear as well. I will have to update pictures afterwards. Have a great rest of your long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You look super cute in that dress. Lucky you can still wear it at 38 weeks pregnant! That was definitely not fitting me at the end with my 10+ pounder! We'll be thinking about you and praying for a safe and healthy delivery. Love you J & J

    ReplyDelete