Little tidbits about our family: Matt, Alicia, Lyla, Hayden and Ella







Thursday, July 28, 2011

All About Hayden

I never gave good updates on the serious of events leading into Hayden Jean welcoming us on Saturday July 16th. Here you go:



  • On Friday July 15th, I started getting contractions that afternoon after my doctor stripped my membranes and told me I was 2 cm dilated. The contractions would go on for 1-1 1/2 hours but then stop

  • On Saturday July 16th morning, I ended up cleaning the whole house while Matt and Lyla cut the grass...I thought the more I could do, the faster Hayden would be here

  • Around 11:30 a.m., I started to get more contractions and they were around 6-8 minutes apart

  • Around 3:30 p.m., my contractions were getting more painful and started to be only 3 minutes apart so we decided to call the hospital and they told us to come in right away

  • Peggy came over to watch Lyla and we ended up getting to the hospital around 4:30 p.m.

  • They checked me and I was 4 cm dilated and were getting things ready for me to have an epidural in 20-30 minutes

  • Matt and I walked the hallway and my contractions were getting pretty bad by then...off to the delivery room we went

  • Right when the anesthesiologist arrived to give me the epidural, my water broke and Hayden wanted to come ASAP

  • My doctor wasn't even there yet and they told me to hold off pushing...not an easy task when your contractions are making you push

  • The nurse was getting ready to deliver right before my doctor walked in

  • I delivered Hayden Jean at 5:58 p.m. with no drugs and I was my doctor's fastest delivery! I'm so glad it was a quick delivery!

Proud Grandparents:




Proud Parents:





Family Pictures:

Great Grandpa Wyman


Lyla loving her new sister


Uncle Brett even came to meet Hayden! He was in MN for a couple days for work and was able to make it down to see us. It was a pleasant surprise.



Leaving the hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment