Little tidbits about our family: Matt, Alicia, Lyla, Hayden and Ella







Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall is Here!

Fall is here and we are happy at the Brown household. I love the crisp cool weather and changing leaves and Matt is enjoying hunting season (which by the way has already started 1 month ago). We have been busy the last few weekends so I will try and update you the best I can.


Grandma and Grandpa Brown came over and played dress up with Lyla before bedtime. She already loves dress up at 18 months old!

Black eye, cute pigtails and trying to hide from momma!

Weekend Hike

A few weekends ago during the big flooding in Portage, we decided to take a drive around to see the Wisconsin River and go take a hike at Devil's Lake. This was 2 weekends before our big Devil's Lake weekend so we had to take a quick peek of the changing leaves and hiking conditions!




Packer Time!
My brother came home for a week (for Devil's Lake weekend of course) and to visit family and friends. Brett and my dad went to the Packer Game and my mom, Lyla, Colin (our nephew) and Matt stayed back to cheer for the Packers.
Lyla in her cheerleading outfit....luckily the Packers won this time or I would have had to headline this picture as "The Packers Loss and I'm Upset"!

Lyla and Colin playing in their Packer gear. Last time Lyla saw Colin she didn't want to play with him but this trip, they were both interested in each other and played well with the animal farm/tractor.

Go Pack Go!

Devil's Lake Weekend
We look forward to Devil's Lake weekend all year long! We had great weather, company and of course great food! The goal of the weekend is typically to hike, eat, rest a little, hike again, eat again, and so on (I think you get the point). I was able to climb the rocks this year which I haven't been able to do the last couple years. We also keep adding more kids to the group every year so it's fun for our group of 40+ family and friends continuing to grow. We are already adding 2 more next year with Cullen Heaton (just born Oct 12th) and my cousin Jody who is due in Feb.

Lyla wanting to climb the rocks already

Aunt Megan, Colin, Uncle Brett and Lyla

Family picture
One of our big hikes...as you can see the leaves were beautiful! Lyla and Anne (my cousin Jody's daugther) is 3 months younger than Lyla and they are starting to become buddies.
Lyla and Anne holding hands!

Sleepy hiker



" The Men" with the kids! Jason, Bryce, Anne, Jeff, Ruth, Jon, Matt and Lyla

Group of hikers! Jaime, Bryce, Jason, Jody, Ruth, Jon, Lyla, Jill, Matt, Anne and Jeff

Girl's Weekend in La Crosse
This weekend, momma got to get away with a few of my good friends from La Crosse for a weekend of fun. We had a great time seeing the changes of UW LaX, shopping and had great food. It's crazy to have a quiet meal with friends and not having to feed/take care of a busy toddler! Thank you Matt for allowing me to get away for a night!

me, Mickey, Dana and Mandy

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment