Little tidbits about our family: Matt, Alicia, Lyla, Hayden and Ella







Thursday, April 9, 2009

Already 2 weeks old!


Lyla is now 2 weeks and 2 days old today! I feel I don't know life without her already. Crazy to think 2 weeks have gone by. I know the rest of my time off will go by way to quickly!

I now truly feel like a mom. After feeding Lyla for the 2nd time in the doctors office on Tuesday, I got spit up all the way down the front of me. I have been good and always caught it before it got all over me but this time it didn't work that way. I knew that would happen sooner than later! Hooray for mommy hood! I will never be clean again!

I have had a busy week so far. My mom came to visit since Monday and left this afternoon. She was great help in keeping Lyla awake during her "wake time" and watching her so I could get some naps in. Ella is surely going to miss having all of that attention during the day. My mom sewed all of Ella's babies and now we have stuffed animals spread throughout the whole house!

We made a trip in to my office and Matt's office on Wednesday for everyone to meet Lyla for the first time. She did great and slept most of the time before getting crabby when it was feeding time. I can't believe how long it takes to get ready and Lyla ready to go anywhere. I don't think I will ever be on time again!

More Lyla updates. Lyla had her 2 week doctors appointment on Tuesday. Our doctor heard a heart murmur and we needed to schedule an Echo (ultrasound) at the UW Children's Hospital to find out more. No parents want to hear this news and with Matt having heart disease as a child and his family having other heart problems, it made me even more nervous. We ended up getting in at UW that afternoon which is great that we didn't need to dwell on this for a couple days. It ends up that Lyla has a mild heart murmur that will need to continue to be watched. Her next appointment is in 2 months and we will find out more if it has gotten worse or stayed the same. We will just hope and pray nothing comes of this and she continues to be healthy. She already weighs 8 lbs and 11 oz (1/2 pound more than birth) so that is definitely a good sign she is doing well.

Here are some new pictures of Lyla.

Bath time

Family Picture (Yes I know we are missing Ella but she didn't want to pose for this one)

4 generations of the Brown's


Uncle Mike and Nikki

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the heart murmur too much :) Mason had one too and he grew out of it and so did Dave when he was little!! I'm sure it will be just fine! She's a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia, are you sure you had a baby 2 weeks ago? You look great! I hope everything works out with the heart murmur. Medical issues are scary no matter how major/minor they may be- hang in there. And you are absolutely right about never being on time or clean again! Oh the joys of mommyhood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at your blog! she is the perfect mix between you and Matt :) As a fellow hypochondriac (spelling?) let me say that you will worry about everything but 99.9% of the time it's nothing to worry about at all. Let me also add...holy crap do they grow up quick!! haha

    ReplyDelete