Little tidbits about our family: Matt, Alicia, Lyla, Hayden and Ella







Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lyla Marie Brown is here!

She has finally made it! Lyla Marie was born on March 24th at 9:25 p.m. She weighed 8lbs and 4.6 oz and 21 inches long. She ended up being bigger than we and the doctors thought! Here was the series of events:

  • I was induced at 8:30 a.m. on the 24th
  • I received Pitocin at 2:00 p.m.
  • I started to feel really uncomfortable around 4:00 p.m. I guess with Pitocin you gain really strong contractions right away and mine were coming around 1 1/2-2 minutes apart.
  • They checked me at 6:00 p.m. and I was only 3 cm dilated so we thought it was going to be a long night.
  • I finally got my epidural up and working around 7:30 p.m. after a lot of discomfort.
  • They then checked again at 8:00 p.m. and I was already at 9 cm!
  • My doctor decided to allow me to rest for over an hour before pushing
  • 9:25 p.m. Lyla welcomed our family!

    Here are some pictures of Lyla all within 1 day old!




    The proud Grandparents




  • 3 comments:

    1. Congratulations, Brown family!! :) She is adorable! And what a beautiful name! So happy to hear everything went well and Mommy and Baby are doing well. Congrats again!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Congratulations!!! She's soooo cute!! The name is cute as well ! Hope everything is going well and can't wait to meet her and see more pictures.

      ReplyDelete
    3. What a precious little girl! Hope you and Matt are catching some sleep now and then. Can't wait to hold her and put my mark on little Lyla.
      Love to you all, Mom & Dad Swinter

      ReplyDelete