Little tidbits about our family: Matt, Alicia, Lyla, Hayden and Ella







Saturday, July 7, 2012

Back from Florida

We made it back from FL after 5 nights away from the girls. My coworker Michelle got married and we decided to have a little vacation as well.  Matt and I visited my good friend Stacey and her family for a day, went to the Tampa Bay Rays game, spent a couple days on the beach, ate great dinners and just relaxed.

Andrea, me and Michelle...we all work together
Ready for the beach wedding
Wedding reception

The girls were just wonderful for my parents while we were gone.  Even though the weather was too hot to play outside, they kept the girls busy and entertained by doing a variety of things.  My dad took Lyla to the small airport by their house to watch planes and she even got to sit in one, they took the girls to the Discovery Center, played in the play area in the mall and also had Lyla help by doing small chores around the house like watering plants, picking up sticks and doing dishes...her choice.  Hayden also decided she wanted to start walking everywhere instead of crawl!  She was walking 5+ steps at a time before we left but now she practically walks everywhere!

Just standing up like a pro!
 Eating ice cream
 Hayden just loves Lyla's rocking chair in her room.  Anytime I follow her upstairs, she jets to Lyla's room, takes off all of her stuffed animals on the chair and just sits and tries to rock in it.  This chair was my  Grandma Rex's when she was a little girl so it's very special to us!

Hayden thought it was hilarious putting things on her head one night.
Then Lyla had to follow suit and do the same!
Walking around like it's old news!
Hayden has also starting adding more words to her vocabulary.  She now says "baby" and "Ella" and I believe she has started to say "Lyla."  Dada will come some day!

We are getting ready for Hayden's 1st birthday party next weekend.  How can my little baby already be turning 1!  I just wish they would stay little forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment