Little tidbits about our family: Matt, Alicia, Lyla, Hayden and Ella







Monday, May 30, 2011

We are Nukers Free!

With everything else going in our life, Matt and I decided we needed to try and ween Lyla off of her Nuk (as we refer to as "Nukers"). I figured this was not going be an easy transition so I put it off a little longer than I wanted.
I actually started taking it away in the car as our routine is to give Lyla her Nuk and bunny. On the way to work she would sleep a lot of times and then it just became routine to always give it to her. The first couple of days were not fun as she didn't understand why she didn't have her Nuk but luckily with my new vehicle, we have a DVD player and we watched Mickey Mouse and Dora to distract her.
Then last Friday, right before nap time, I gathered up the Nuks in the house and had her say goodbye to all of them and put it in a box for the babies that needed them. She was okay with this and even closed the lid to the box but then asked for it when she was in her crib. She cried for 20 minutes and finally dozed off. When she woke up, she talked about how she gave her Nukers to the babies and she was a good girl!
I figured bedtime was going to be a disaster but she asked for it a couple of times and we talked about it again and she went right down with a fight. I was so proud of her! Every once in a while she will ask for it when she's really tired and we are not at home but she quickly remembers where they are. We are now over 1 week Nuk free and are ecstatic she took to it so easily. Now next Friday she is getting her big girl bed so we will see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment