Little tidbits about our family: Matt, Alicia, Lyla, Hayden and Ella







Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spring is here

We have been quite busy the last couple of weekends running around, hosting parties and getting projects done around the house.

Last weekend Lyla and I went down to IL for a day trip to visit with my cousins and their families since they were in town. Lyla for some reason was shy the whole time we were visiting and didn't play a lot with her cousin Anne but was able to sneak in a little hug.

Then Saturday I threw a little bridal shower/birthday party for a couple of my college friends. It was nice getting everyone together again and sharing past memories.


The preggers are on the run! My friend Mandy is due in a couple of weeks and me in a couple of months. Jonathan and Lyla are only a few months apart as well so it will be nice to have 2 sets of kids close in age.


Group shot: Stacey, Mickey, Mandy, Carri and Dana

2 year checkup

Lyla had her 2 year checkup on Friday and she is growing right on track. She is 25 lbs (25%) and 34.5 inches tall (50%). We figured she would be a tall, skinny girl. We have been really impressed with her development as well. She can practically count 1-14 on her own (might need a little help with 1 or 2 numbers). She has been doing really well with colors and knows pink, purple, blue, orange and yellow. She gets green and red when she really tries. She also has been doing really well with shapes. She knows heart, oval, triangle and sometimes circle and square.


Painting
This weekend my parents came and helped paint the baby's room and the kids bathroom. I figured if we are painting one room and have everything out, might as well paint too rooms (especially since we had the help)!

New bright bathroom

We decided since we are having 2 girls, might as well make the bathroom girlie.


Baby's room

We were going to paint the room green but Matt wanted something a little different than Lyla's room since her room is green and white. We were deciding between light pink and orange and my true love of orange got the best of me and I picked it up.






Lyla will be getting her big girl bed and furniture in 1-2 weeks so we had to make sure everything was ready to move out of her room to the baby's room before that happened. Let's hope she transitions well to the new bed!


On Sunday we finished getting the rooms picked up and together and then worked outside. I got my flowers planted and Matt got his projects done. Now I'm plain tired and need a break for the rest of the night!


Lyla playing on the 4 wheeler

Lyla then playing on the lawn mower

Does someone like riding on tractors???

1 comment:

  1. Love the bump! :) Hope you are feeling well. The new rooms look great- nice color choices! :)

    ReplyDelete