Little tidbits about our family: Matt, Alicia, Lyla, Hayden and Ella







Sunday, July 5, 2009

We're Here!


Sorry for my delay in updating my post. Going back to work has definitely affected my time to get things done during the week! Pretty much our schedule now is getting home at 6:30 p.m., feeding Lyla (which typically takes 45-60 minutes), eating dinner and then starting Lyla's bedtime routine at 8:30 p.m. Then back up at 5:00 a.m. to start the next day! By Friday Matt and I are quite tired! I definitely cannot complain though b/c Lyla is still sleeping through the night which allows mom and dad around 7 hours of sleep!

Matt had a great first Father's Day. Lyla decided she couldn't be the only one with a Brewer's jersey so we let dad pick out his very own. We will have to go to another Brewer's game soon!

Lyla sporting her Brewer's outfit on Daddy's day!


Lyla is now 3 1/2 months old! Time contines to fly by and Lyla continues to grow! She is already starting to outgrow her 3-6 month pj's b/c she is getting so long! Luckily a lot of her 3 month clothes are still fitting her so I haven't had to pack those away yet.

Lyla has now started to roll over. On June 21st was the first time she rolled over by herself. I put her down for a nap on her back on the floor b/c I was washing her sheets. I checked on her and she was on her side. I moved her to her back and 15 minutes later she was back on her side. I decided to leave her and 30 minutes later she was on her tummy turned the other direction! The next day at her babysitters she rolled over from her back to her tummy and her tummy to her back! She hasn't rolled over a lot recently but I'm assuming that will change soon.

The pictures below I had to just compare what Lyla looked like a couple days old compared to over 3 months old! She was such a little peanut.


It's amazing how much Lyla has changed in just a few weeks. I love picking her up from her babysitter everyday to see a big smile on her face! She still talks a lot to us and it's so touching for Matt and I that she recognizes us! I know there will be more exciting things to come!

That's really it from us so far! I hope you enjoy the updated pictures!

Showing off my pretty blues

I love my Bumbo!
Lyla's first campfire on the 4th of July


Lyla's first fishing trip out with Mom and Dad

1 comment:

  1. I think she is looking more like her Mommy all the time. We want to meet her. Hope you are doing well with going back to work. It's the best thing for you & her right now ;-) Miss you all xoxoxo
    Love,
    Rachel & Nate

    ReplyDelete