Little tidbits about our family: Matt, Alicia, Lyla, Hayden and Ella







Saturday, June 5, 2010

What has Lyla been up to?

We went to the zoo 2 weekends ago for the first time! Lyla saw many animals like giraffe, monkeys, rhinos, tigers, and bears oh my! She was really interested in seeing the animals too. She even had a little conversation with the bison since they were up close to listen. She can talk a big talk!

Getting ready for the zoo


Looking cute in my sunglasses

I even kept my sunglasses and bow in the whole day!

Come on dad! Let's hurry to see the giraffe

Lyla's new thing starting last week was climbing on everything! Did I say Everything? She loves to get up on chairs, couches, her toys and anything that will make her taller. She was climbing in the pop up last weekend when we were camping. She was going from the floor, to the area where the table is, to the bed. She definitely amazes me how quick she can climb up on something too. I heard she maybe following in some one's footsteps too??? Let's hope she doesn't try to climb out of her crib or I won't be sleeping too soundly anymore.

Playing on my toy!

Life is rough

Lyla went swimming for the first time a couple weekends ago. We went to a lake so Ella could swim too. Lyla watched Ella the whole time and we helped her get deeper and deeper in the water. She even had the water up to her chest! We also went swimming last weekend and she really did well then. We may have two girls that love to swim.

Looking cute in my swim gear
We went camping for the first time this year over Memorial Day weekend. It was nice to get out and do something away from home. Lyla decided not to go to bed too early (probably around 9:00ish) b/c it was still light out and then wanted to get up around 5 a.m. b/c the sun was shining in. To say the least, we didn't get a lot of sleep but it was still fun to go.
Hanging out with Ella on her bed (which Lyla climbed up to)

Lounging in my own camping chair
This weekend we stayed close to home. We think Lyla may have allergies b/c her eyes have been pink for over 1 week. We took her to the doctor and they said it wasn't pink eye. Her eyes looked very good yesterday (since we were in all day Friday and most of Saturday) until we went out that night to Matt's cousin's graduation party. I'm hoping she doesn't have allergies but I don't know what else it could be.
Well I'm off to be productive. I see I have a lot of weeds coming in but not sure if I feel THAT productive!










No comments:

Post a Comment